Carl Pesta, D.O.
Dr. Carl Pesta is a McLaren Macomb board-certified general surgeon and a “Center of Excellence” bariatric surgeon who specializes in advanced laparoscopic surgical weight loss procedures. Dr. Pesta has more than 18 years of experience as a surgeon performing more than 5,000 bariatric procedures and is currently performing ORBERA™ Intragastric balloon insertions for Allure Medical. He is also highly skilled in performing upper blepharoplasty procedures, combituck, liposuction, and breast augmentation.
Dr. Pesta earned a medical degree from Michigan State University’s College of Osteopathic Medicine, followed by his residency at McLaren Macomb and a bariatric surgery proctorship at Henry Ford Bi-County Hospital. His experience in bariatric procedures runs the gamut, including revision and conversion procedures.
He currently heads up the comprehensive bariatric program at McLaren Macomb. This program provides a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to caring for the health care needs of patients undergoing bariatric surgery. His knowledge and insight into long-term weight loss procedures are shared every day with our patients here at Allure Medical.
- General Surgery
- Fellow of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (ACOS)
- American Osteopathic Association – AOA member
- McClaren Macomb, Mount Clemens, MI
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
- St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Warren, MI
William J. Pittas, D.O., FACS
Dr. William Pittas is a graduate of Arcadia University in Glenside, PA where he received his BA in Biology, followed by time at the Drexel University studying Biomedical Science before earning his Medical Degree from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Amidst his long list of educational experience, Dr. William Pittas serviced his most recent fellowship for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery as well as his residency for General Surgery at Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, MI. Since 2009, he has served as Chief of Plastic Surgery at St. Mary’s of Michigan Hospital.
He has completed fellowships at two prestigious Chicago Institutions – Facial Plastic and Body Cosmetic Surgery at the University of Chicago, and Cosmetic Surgery at the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Pittas has taught courses as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgical Specialties at Michigan State university, and he’s fluent in three languages – English, Spanish, and Greek.
- International Board of Medicine and Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Associate Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College for Osteopathic Surgeons
Honors & Recognitions:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Plastic Surgeon of the Year, 2015 and 2016
- Chief of General Surgery Residents, Henry Ford and Bi-County Hospitals
- Chief of all Surgical Sub-specialties, Henry Ford Bloomfield Hospital
- Associate Clinical Professor, Central Michigan University School of Medicine
- Chief of Division of Plastic Surgery, St. Mary’s of Michigan
Charles Mok, D.O.
Dr. Charles Mok received his medical degree from Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Chicago, Illinois in 1989. He completed his medical residency at Mount Clemens General Hospital, Mt. Clemens, Michigan. He has worked with laser manufacturing companies to improve their technologies; he has performed clinical research studies and has taught physicians from numerous other states. His professionalism and personal attention to detail have contributed to the success of one of the first medical spas in Michigan.
- American Society of Cosmetic Breast Surgery
- American Board of Phlebology
- American Board of Osteopathic Emergency Medicine
- IHHS – International Hyperhidrosis Society
- ISHRA – International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- ASCBS – American Society of Cosmetic Breast Surgery
- CSN – Cell Surgical Network—Stem Cell Regenerative Medicine
- A4M – American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- ASLMS – American Society of Lasers in Medicine and Surgery
- AACS – American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- ACP – American Academy of Phlebology
- McLaren Macomb – formerly Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center
- Michigan State University – Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Osteopathic Medical Specialists
Dr. Mok serves as:
- Michigan State University – Assistant Clinical Professor of Internal Medicine
- Des Moines University of Health Science – Assistant Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine
Dr. Mok also has served as:
- Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center – Emergency Department Vice Chairman